Learning how to blog has been a ton of fun and also A LOT of work! If you’re going to create a blog just for friends and family (as I have done), it’s not too tough. You write when you want and don’t need to be all that creative unless you want to. But writing this blog is a whole different animal. Here’s why:
Trying to figure out what to write!
· Honestly, I wrack my brain daily wondering what you’d want to hear from me, if anything. It’s easy to wonder if you really want to read anything that I write. But then I remind myself that I can do this. I just need to continue to be creative and find some entertaining things to keep you interested! If you have any ideas, let me know!
Getting people to subscribe!
· I realize that I’m overwhelming everyone’s social media pages but there is a reason for it. If I don’t post, you’ll forget about my blog. And I don’t want that! And also, how great would it be if you shared my post on your wall? 😜
Learning how to actually CREATE the blog!
· Like.. domain names, widgets, banners, and plug ins and dashboards and where to position things on the blog so you see them. This has been a huge learning experience for me and I love it! I was so proud when I figured out how to install and plug in and place my widget. (That’s a sentence that I never thought I’d say)
Finding the Time!
· Believe it or not, blogging is very time consuming. It’s not just writing posts. It’s rearranging, it’s trying new things and failing and then trying to figure out how to get it back the way it was. It’s adding links to the posts. And let’s remember I have a full time job and I’m a mom!
· It’s no secret that I created this blog in hopes of one day monetize it. So, I do want to advertise on my blog so I have to find places that want to partner with me. After that, I have to figure out how to add those advertisements to my blog! (Think HTML??) I also don’t want my blog to look cheesy and have ads all over the place.
Thankfully I’ve connected with a ton of other bloggers who are just starting up and we’re all helping and encouraging each other. I’ve loved reading blogs about all different things such as kids, parenting, travel, surviving cancer, being bipolar, losing weight and so much more. I have so much more to learn and I’m super excited about it! Hope you continue along this journey with me!