Blogging, Life in General, Quotes, Sayings

Our First Quick Quote!

Sit back and read that again…..

Doubt kills more dreams than failure ever will. This resonates with me so much because of the doubt I felt- and still feel- about becoming a blogger. I remember a few months ago when I told people I wanted to be a blogger and I was really nervous about their reactions. Would they think this was a lame idea? Would they say they were excited, but in the back of their mind wonder what I was thinking? Would I annoy them with all my social media posts? I asked myself so many questions. But I was also VERY excited about it. I realized that being a successful blogger does not mean that everyone in the world has to subscribe or like my blog- (tho wouldn’t that be great?).

Once I got started, the doubt I had mostly disappeared because I was so involved with learning everything about blogging. Now, 3 months in, I do have some doubts; how can I keep this up? Will people get sick of reading this? Am I annoying people with my emails? What if I can’t think of something to write? But then I take a deep breath, walk away and remember this is not a race. I knew when I started this blog that my ultimate goal was to be able to make a good enough income to be able to leave my regular 9-5 job. I also knew that was not going to happen in a few months.

What are some things you are doubting right now? What is the worst that can happen if you fail? For me, if I fail it is because I quit. And I do not plan to quit. I am loving this way too much! And I hope you are too!

Lastly, I am really trying to build my following on social media. If you have any of these social media sites, would you please follow me? Pinterest Facebook  Instagram

Keep an eye out for your next QUICK QUOTE next Monday! I hope you enjoyed this quote!

832

You Might Also Like

Previous Story
Next Story

22 Comment

1. Reply
    Heidi
    July 17, 2017 at 1:23 pm

I can totally relate to this! Others never seem to question or doubt my abilities, but I do constantly! I’m working on it and hope that I can turn it around and use it for motivation instead!

1. Reply
      kateklewicki
      July 17, 2017 at 2:30 pm

Exactly! Try to use it for the positive 🙂 Glad you liked it!

2. Reply
      kateklewicki
      July 19, 2017 at 2:12 pm

Yes! Use it as a positive! Thanks for the comment!

2. Reply
    Shell
    July 17, 2017 at 5:00 pm

Love this post because I can totally relate!!! I need to work on believing in myself more and not doubting my abilities…

3. Reply
    Carli
    July 17, 2017 at 5:27 pm

When i started mine i was full of ideas thinking i was going to do it daily… obviously i was delusional… but ive been learning how to do it and when… there are always doubts… if im saying too much.. if im not saying enough… but you know something… just let it be and write whats on your mind… i felt free after writing… and i feel like someday one girl will relate to my posts and feel loved and not alone… thats our mission… make others feel safe and loved. 💓

4. Reply
    Scrunchy Mama
    July 17, 2017 at 6:04 pm

I feel the exact same way!! I just started blogging 2-3 months ago and sometimes I have doubts and fears too. But then I remember that there’s no rush and that I’m doing this for myself so I can do it at my own pace 🙂

5. Reply
    Sarah
    July 18, 2017 at 12:25 am

I went through the exact same thing when I decided to start my blog. I kept it quiet for a few months too! But when you delve in and really give it your all you start to forget about doubting yourself!

6. Reply
    Suzy @ In The Lyons Den
    July 18, 2017 at 5:18 am

I still feel the same way a year on. I hope people like it and wonder why I lose followers sometimes but I also do it because I really enjoy my little space in cyber world. It is sometimes so hard not to worry what other people think!

7. Reply
    Heather A LeGuilloux
    July 19, 2017 at 2:07 pm

This was a very timely post to read! I was just speaking to my partner last night about an idea I had for another website/blog/business and there were flashes of doubt as I was telling him about it, but seeing his excitement and the ‘cogs’ turning in his own mind helped to diminish that doubt that was surfacing. It’s exciting to have an idea and see it turn into something special. Thanks for the reminder!

8. Reply
    Allie
    July 19, 2017 at 2:07 pm

How true is this?! I can think of so many things I haven’t tried because I doubted myself and my abilities. When I fail, I’m sad for a bit, but then usually feel motivated to try again and do better. Taking that first step is the hardest part. So inspirational!! Thank you!

9. Reply
    Kelly
    July 19, 2017 at 2:39 pm

I love the idea of a quick quote! I try to do the same once a week on my blog and social media channels. I really needed this one today! It’s so easy to doubt yourself but feels so BAD! It feels amazing to be confident and know that nothing is a failure, just a learning experience. Thanks for this! xx

1. Reply
      kateklewicki
      July 19, 2017 at 2:48 pm

THanks! It’s fun to do 😉

10. Reply
    Lusa
    July 19, 2017 at 2:51 pm

I love this post I can relate to it so much. I felt that same way when I started blogging. But realized it made me happy so who cares what people think now.

XO-Lisa

11. Reply
    Shelly pineda
    July 19, 2017 at 3:08 pm

Thank you for sharing this! I went through this, and it was tough to get out. But confidence is everything in the world!

12. Reply
    corina
    July 19, 2017 at 8:35 pm

Thanks for sharing! This is what I am going through at the moment. I just started blogging last week.

13. Reply
    Jacinta
    July 20, 2017 at 12:55 am

I know what you mean 🙂 doubts will come, but like you said – it’s not a race 🙂 let’s enjoy it!

14. Reply
    Toni
    July 20, 2017 at 3:00 am

Great quote and so true!! Good on you and hope all goes well for you 😊

1. Reply
      kateklewicki
      July 20, 2017 at 11:04 am

Thank you Toni!!

15. Reply
    Jane | Daily life talk
    July 20, 2017 at 4:59 am

I usually doubt myself before starting anything with lots of what ifs. Thank you, I needed this.

16. Reply
    Tiana
    July 20, 2017 at 9:26 am

You definitely hit the nail on the head with this. I had these exact same doubt’s when I first started, but now 5 mos later, my blog is now a business and I dont see myself quitting anytime soon!

1. Reply
      kateklewicki
      July 20, 2017 at 11:02 am

Good for you! 5 months in and you’re already rocking it! Congrats!

17. […] don’t know about you, but when I see a good quote that really speaks to me, I literally just sit in the moment and really think about what it means. […]